For more information about Goal Initiatives or to donate, please visit: https://goalinitiatives.org
Let’s continue to support our restaurateurs!
SQUAK & GOBBLE wants to continuously shine a spotlight on these locations so that it keeps everyone talking about restaurants while we wait for dining rooms to be given the greenlight to re-open and reminds everyone about the great food available now for takeout.
Conversation is an important part of the GOAL Initiatives programs as it allows a sharing of ideas and information.
Enjoy this EP with TAVERNE ATLANTIC
‘SQUAWK & GOBBLE’ veut garder l’intérêt et faire parler des restaurants est primordial, le dialogue étant une partie importante des programmes GOAL Initiatives car il permet et met de l’avant un partage d'idées et d'informations.
Joignez-vous aux chefs préférés des Montréalais qui partageront avec vous leurs recettes dans le confort de votre maison.
Le restaurant TAVERNE ATLANTIC lance aujourd’hui sa recette de fettuccini avec panais rôtis et fromage pecorino..
De nouvelles recettes seront partagées tout au long du printemps et de l’été.
FETTUCINI WITH ROASTED PARSNIP & PECORINO
Servings: 2 to 4
Allergens: egg, flour, fish, lactose
- 250 g egg dried fettucini
- 250 g peeled parsnip, cut in 1cm cubes
- 45 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1big garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 crushed filets of anchovy in oil
- 60 ml small capers
- 30 ml unsalted butter
- 150 ml grated pecorino + more for plating
- 1/2 lemon in juice + zests for plating
- 60 ml chopped parsley + few leaves for plaiting
- salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper from the mill to taste
- spiced pecans to taste
- Start a pot with 4 liters of well salted water and bring to a boil.
- During that time, roast the parsnip cubes with the olive oil in a large pan; big enough to flip the pastas in later. Let the parsnip roast well before shaking them. Might take 7 to 10 minutes before they all roasted. Season with salt.
- Close the fire and add the garlic, anchovies, capers and butter. Toss and let butter melts and keep on the closed round stove top.
- During that time cook the pastas in the salted boiling water; respect the cooking time on the packaging.
- Once pastas cooked, pull them out of the water with tongs in the pan with parsnip. Add 100ml of the cooking water to the pan and bring it to a boil.
- Out of the fire, add the pecorino, the lemon juice, parsley and ground pepper. Toss well to create a creamy sauce by emulsify the cheese, butter and cooking water.
- Taste and rectify seasoning.
- Plate in bowls and garnish each bowls with crush spiced pecans, grated pecorino, fresh ground pepper, lemon zests and parsley leaves.
ALLERGENS : nut, egg
- 100 g roasted pecans in half (almonds could be a good choice too)
- 1 egg white
- 1,25 ml salt
- 1,25 ml sugar
- 1,25 ml ground cumin
- 1,25 ml smoked paprika
- 1,25 ml ground coriander
- Whip the egg white in a steel bowl to get it frothy.
- Add the pecans in and toss well with a rubber spatula. All pecans have to be coated with the egg white.
- Toss in the salt, sugar and spices. Mix well.
- Spread the nuts on a bakery sheet covered with parchemin paper.
- Cook in the oven at 350° during 10 minutes and toss them every 2 minutes.
- Let the nuts to cool down and dry at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Could be a very good snack, served at happy hour or a great garnish on a salad.